Latest Activity Latest news
- EU Cybersecurity Competence Centre and Network: Governing Board meets for the first timeon April 16, 2021 at 9:36 am
On April 16th the Commission organises the first meeting of the European Cybersecurity Competence Centre’s (ECCC) “shadow” Governing Board, with representatives from Member States, the Commission and ENISA. This time the Board will meet on an informal capacity, further to the recent political agreement on the Regulation setting up the Centre and Network , and ahead of its entry into force expected in June. The first meeting will focus on the preparations and next steps on the establishment of the Cyber Centre, including decisions to be adopted by the Board once it will meet officially.
- First Ever Cybersecurity Skills Summit organised by the Youth IGFon April 15, 2021 at 11:05 am
The first ever European Cybersecurity Skills Summit will take place in a virtual format. Major industry CEOs and policy-makers, as well as representatives of the younger generation, are expected to attend. The opening talk will be joined by Emil IVOV, the Founder of Jitsi.
- ENISA: Procurement Guidelines for Cybersecurity in Hospitalson April 14, 2021 at 9:25 am
To facilitate the use of the Procurement Guidelines for Cybersecurity in Hospitals published in 2020, the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) releases an online tool today to support the healthcare sector in identifying procurement good practices to meet cybersecurity objectives when procuring products or services.
- Effective training in cybersecurity in the new era of staff remotisation: practical solutions, tools and opportunitieson April 14, 2021 at 9:03 am
CYBERWISER.EU organised a whole-day online event on 25 March 2021. The first part of the event gathered experts from all across Europe setting the scene on the state-of-the-art in cybersecurity training, presenting existing solutions and opportunities to increase capacity building, evaluating best practices based on the emerging needs of SMEs and other organisations. There was also a practical training session on CYBERWISER.eu platform, with an opportunity to participate in a more detailed demonstration of the CYBERWISER.eu training platform. The recording is available now.
- Call for expression of interest: Ad Hoc Working Group on the EU Cybersecurity Marketon April 14, 2021 at 8:27 am
The European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) launches a call for expression of interest concerning an Ad Hoc Working Group on the EU Cybersecurity Market.
- Concordia Women’s awards for Researchon April 14, 2021 at 7:51 am
The awards are established to celebrate women in cybersecurity and they aim to recognize outstanding women working in cybersecurity and privacy. The prizes intend to encourage young females to continue pursuing their careers in cybersecurity and also praise prominent women for their outstanding contributions and achievements. The first category of the awards is the research category and it will take place between 23 April 2021 and 18 June 2021.
- Curricula Designer: a tool that connects education providers with the cybersecurity job marketon April 13, 2021 at 5:05 pm
The SPARTA Cybersecurity Training and Awareness team launched the Curricula Designer, a tool that connects education providers with cybersecurity job market.
- Fourth CyberSec4Europe Insights Webinaron April 13, 2021 at 2:32 pm
CyberSec4Europe Insights are a series of broadcasts and webinars relating to the different topics associated with cybersecurity and the work of the project. This webinar “Developments in European Regulations” will focus on aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as legislation relating to artificial intelligence and cybersecurity and future regulatory initiatives.
- Developing SME Cybersecurity Resilience in Europeon April 13, 2021 at 2:11 pm
CyberSec4Europe will host, with the friendly support of the Representation of the State of Hessen to the EU, an online panel discussion on the evening of 5 May to explore issues relating to developing SME’s awareness of cybersecurity in order to improve resilience and responses to cyber attacks, which will be an important aspect of the work of the new European Cybersecurity Competence Centre in Bucharest.
- 9th Cyber Investor Dayson March 26, 2021 at 8:57 am
Since 2017, the European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) organises annual cybersecurity business matchmaking events – also known as the ECSO Cyber Investor Days – which are designed to cover different investment phases, ranging from seeding to strategic investment and M&A, as well as to support companies positioned on the entire cybersecurity value chain. The initiative aims to increase the visibility of the European cybersecurity market players and to foster the consolidation of the European cybersecurity market.
- CyberSec4Europe online panel discussion: Establishing the Competence Centre in Bucharest and Building the Networkon March 4, 2021 at 2:53 pm
This event took place in the evening of 24 February. During its 2021 Winter General Meeting, CyberSec4Europe hosted an online panel discussion devoted to recently announced decision to establish the Competence Centre in Romania.
- Towards more transparent security certifications – mining Common Criteria and FIPS140-2 certificateson March 4, 2021 at 2:22 pm
This webinar, organised by CyberSec4Europe took place on 19 February 2021 at 11:00 CET and was presented by Petr Švenda, Ph.D. The recording of the event is now available online.
- SPARTA: Best-Practices Guide to Attract and Retain Women in Cybersecurity Teamson March 4, 2021 at 1:55 pm
By the occasion of the International Women’s Day, SPARTA Project issued A Best-Practices Guide to Attract and Retain Women in Cybersecurity Teams.
- Cybersecurity for 5G: ENISA Releases Report on Security Controls in 3GPPon March 3, 2021 at 7:34 pm
The European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) provides authorities with technical guidance on the 5G Toolbox measure for security requirements in existing 5G standards.
- Women4Cyber MasterClass with Lorena Boix Alonsoon March 3, 2021 at 4:28 pm
In partnership with DG Connect of the European Commission, the European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) will organise its next Women4Cyber Masterclass talk with Lorena Boix Alonso. Ms Boix Alonso, Director of Directorate H – Digital Society, Trust and Cybersecurity, will talk about her experience and the best way to succeed in cybersecurity.
- ENISA and CERT-EU sign Agreement to start their Structured Cooperationon March 3, 2021 at 4:08 pm
The European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) and the Computer Emergency Response Team for the EU Institutions, Bodies and Agencies (CERT-EU) are pleased to announce the signature of a Memorandum of Understanding.
- ENISA-ERA Conference: Cybersecurity in Railwayson March 3, 2021 at 3:40 pm
ENISA and ERA have joined forces to organise a virtual Conference that will bring together experts to discuss the latest cybersecurity developments and challenges that the sector is facing.
- Summary Report on the open public consultation on the Directive on security of network and information systems (NIS Directive)on January 27, 2021 at 5:52 pm
The public stakeholder consultation took place between 7 July and 2 October 2020. It was conducted to gather views on the topic of cybersecurity policy as well as on the different elements of the NIS Directive. The overall number of responses submitted was 206. The results of the consultation were used for the evaluation and impact assessment of the NIS Directive.
- Survey – Teaching cybersecurity in high-schoolson January 15, 2021 at 5:03 pm
Teachers can play a major role in raising the awareness among their pupils about Cybersecurity and in spreading and disseminating a risk-prevention culture. While they are more and more sensitive to Cybersecurity issues and have started to acquire fundamental notions in this area, there is a need for a structured approach to teach cybersecurity related topics to young Europeans.
- Impact assessment Proposal for directive on measures for high common level of cybersecurity across the Unionon December 16, 2020 at 10:15 am
- New EU Cybersecurity Strategy and new rules to make physical and digital critical entities more resilienton December 16, 2020 at 10:10 am
The Commission and the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy have presented this week a new EU Cybersecurity Strategy. As a key component of Shaping Europe’s Digital Future, the Recovery Plan for Europe and the EU Security Union Strategy, the Strategy will bolster Europe’s collective resilience against cyber threats and help to ensure that all citizens and businesses can fully benefit from trustworthy and reliable services and digital tools.
- Proposal for directive on measures for high common level of cybersecurity across the Unionon December 16, 2020 at 9:45 am
The Commission has adopted a proposal for a revised Directive on Security of Network and Information Systems (NIS 2 Directive).
- Revised Directive on Security of Network and Information Systems (NIS2)on December 16, 2020 at 9:45 am
The revised Directive was proposed on 16 December 2020.
- 100 Women in Cybersecurity in Europeon December 15, 2020 at 3:20 pm
“100 Women in Cybersecurity in Europe” book will be published soon. All women working in cybersecurity in Europe are invited to apply: if you are one or know some amazing women in the field, fill your application or nominate them today! The winners will be featured in the Women4Cyber Foundation’s publication.
- CyberSec4Europe delivers Cyber Sandbox Creatoron December 15, 2020 at 2:04 pm
To support cybersecurity education, testing and certification, CyberSec4Europe partner, CSIRT-MU (Masaryk University), has delivered the Cyber Sandbox Creator – a versatile tool for creating lightweight virtual labs. The Cyber Sandbox Creator builds isolated lab environments for cybersecurity training, experimentation, or testing based on user input.