Latest Activity Latest news
- Living-in EU and the Covenant of Mayors on ‘How Local Digital Twins can contribute to the European Green Deal/ transition’on April 15, 2021 at 12:15 pm
The workshop aims to discuss the twin digital and green transition, with a particular focus on the potential of Local Digital Twins. It will feature high level keynote speeches and a panel discussion on the twin digital and green transition at local level with city mayors. Breakout sessions will explore how cities and communities are using local digital twins to drive efficiencies in service delivery and reduce emissions, led by practitioners from cities and research institutes from across the EU. The workshop is organised in the context of next meeting of Living-in EU signatories, in conjunct
- B2G data sharing in cities: series of 5 workshopson April 15, 2021 at 8:59 am
On the initiative of Amsterdam and Florence, both signatories of the Living.in-eu movement, supported by Eurocities and the European Commission, a series of workshops will be organised to reflect on on how cities and regions can further develop Business-to-Government (B2G) data sharing and on opportunities for upscaling data sharing practices across Europe.
- HBP Call for Expressions of Interest (CEoI): COVID-19 and its impact on the brain and mental healthon March 31, 2021 at 3:31 pm
A Human Brain Project (HBP) Call for Expression of Interest (CEoI) to support COVID-19 research, in particular in the field of COVID-19-related brain-disorders and mental health issues, by building on the strengths of EBRAINS research infrastructure. The successful applicant(s) will contribute, in close collaboration with HBP Partners, to the HBP project mission, complement expertise already present in the HBP, and use a portfolio of tools and services provided by EBRAINS to conduct the proposed work.
- Stakeholder Consultation on European Interoperability Framework for Smart Cities and Communitieson March 30, 2021 at 2:46 pm
Appointed by the European Commission, Deloitte and KU Leuven are currently developing a proposal for a European Interoperability Framework for Smart Cities and Communities (EIF4SCC). Take part in the current stakeholder consultation by the 12 April 2021 and help us shape this promising document! Your contribution will help to fine tune it and make it a great tool for local government leaders in the digital transformation of their city or community.
- A-LEAF: exploring artificial photosynthesison February 18, 2021 at 7:42 am
The objective of the A-LEAF (An Artificial Leaf) project is to develop a novel concept for a photo-electro-catalytic cell from earth-abundant materials for sustainable solar production of CO2-based chemicals and fuels. It is a FET Proactive project that started in January 2017.
- Bio4Comp unveils novel aspects of cell functionon February 17, 2021 at 10:35 am
Bio4Comp is a 66-month FET Proactive project, which started in January 2017. It focuses on parallel network-based biocomputation. The project has recently published a study presenting the use of their technology in molecular research.
- International Day of Women and Girls in Scienceon February 10, 2021 at 7:00 am
More than 5 years ago, on 22 December 2015, the UN General Assembly decided to establish an annual International Day to recognize the critical role women and girls play in science and technology. Since then, the International Day of Women and Girls in Science is celebrated on 11 February, to commemorate the inaugural High-Level World Women’s Health and Development Forum, which gave birth to the original idea and took place on the same date in 2015.
- Five EU projects join forces to develop an Environmental Intelligence systemon February 3, 2021 at 8:51 am
The collaboration agreement between 5 EIC Pathfinder/FET Proactive projects has been signed. Its main aim is to deliver a blueprint for a full-fledged system for environmental intelligence.
- Spintex project successfully presented next generation textile at Silicon Valley pitching eventon February 3, 2021 at 8:50 am
In October 2020, SPINTEX, the coordinator of the Innovation Launchpad Pathfinder Open “Silk Aquamelts to Market” (SAM) project, participated to IndieBio, the world’s first accelerator devoted to startups using biology to solve the world’s largest problems.
- Interview with Future and Emerging Technologies Innovator Silvia Scaglioneon January 11, 2021 at 7:41 am
Silvia Scaglione is specialist in bioengineering. Since 2010, she is a permanent researcher at the Italian National Research Council (CNR) and head of the Laboratory of Tissue Engineering CNR-IEIIT in Genoa. She is also founder, president and chief scientist of React4Life, an innovative biotech start-up.
- Research Meets Industryon January 7, 2021 at 2:44 pm
FET BRIEFING organizes an online matchmaking event for Future and Emerging Technologies projects focused on energy.
- Connect University continues with presenting top trends in emerging technologieson December 10, 2020 at 2:53 pm
With the beginning of a new year, Connect University prepares open webinars dedicated to novel achievements in communications networks, content and technologies. The first event takes place on 26th January 2021.
- Connect University invites you to discover more on Future and Emerging Technologieson December 9, 2020 at 8:47 am
Connect University will kick-off its 2021 programme with two fascinating sessions where you will get the opportunity to hear from our researchers of the Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) programme.
- Communication strategies for high-risk researchon December 4, 2020 at 4:39 pm
High-risk research and its communication image – that was the topic of the first panel discussion held during the “Signals from the Future” event.
- Connect University Online Session on: Plant-inspired robotics for environmental sustainabilityon November 30, 2020 at 4:27 pm
Meeting the global challenges of climate change and environmental safeguards represents one of the most important frontiers for science and sustainable technologies. Understanding, monitoring, restoring and preserving the equilibrium of natural ecosystems is necessary for the conservation of biodiversity and healthiness of species, including humans.
- Molecules That Counton November 19, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Bio4Comp organises this webinar informing about its achievements. Learn how millions of biomolecules can solve mathematical problems energy efficiently and how this technology could transform computing and biotechnology alike.
- OPSCIDIA project detects early trends in research and developmenton November 18, 2020 at 3:54 pm
OPSCIDIA offers tools to detect early trends in specific research and development areas. Based on the automatic analysis of a large number of scientific articles and projects, the OPSCIDIA tools are useful for R&D teams, innovation professionals and public decision makers.
- The 112CO2 project helps to reduce CO2 emissionson November 17, 2020 at 2:44 pm
This new project, supported under the EIC Pathfinder (FET Proactive) programme, investigates innovative methods of methane decomposition for cost-effective production of carbon dioxide-free hydrogen.
- Connect University Online Session on: Intraneural stimulation: the role in restoring sensory, motor and autonomic neural functionson November 17, 2020 at 10:25 am
Neuroengineering is a novel discipline combining engineering including micro and nanotechnology, electrical and mechanical, and computer science with cellular, molecular, cognitive neuroscience with two main goals: (i) increase our basic knowledge of how the nervous system works; (ii) develop systems able to restore functions in people affected by different types of neural disability. In the past years, several breakthroughs have been reached by neuroengineers in particular on the development of neurotechnologies able to restore sensorimotor functions in disabled people.
- The OPRECOMP project heads to the finish lineon November 17, 2020 at 10:06 am
OPRECOMP is a 4-year research project, funded under Horizon 2020 – FET Proactive programme, focused on building an innovative, reliable open-source foundation for computing based on transprecision analytics.
- The REPAIR project wants to provide the first-ever “tunable” cardiac assist deviceon November 6, 2020 at 3:15 pm
REPAIR, a newly signed EIC Pathfinder project, will exploit smart materials to support or restore the cardiac mechanical function.
- ALMA: Human-centric algebraic machine learningon November 5, 2020 at 1:51 pm
The new EIC Pathfinder project ALMA wants to innovate algebraic machine learning and suit it for a new generation of interactive, human-centric machine learning systems.
- BoneFix: a new Pathfinder project proposing a paradigm shift in fracture fixationson October 21, 2020 at 10:01 am
BoneFix aims to provide a novel class of bone adhesives that will allow for personalized surgical treatment of bone fractures via minimal invasive surgery under local anaesthesia.
- FET IdeAcademy Weekon October 14, 2020 at 3:08 pm
The Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) IdeAcademy week offers a week-long online course presenting a unique mix of inspirational and practical contents for researchers interested in disruptive projects.
- How FET transitioned into the EIC Pathfinder – by Jerzy Langeron September 23, 2020 at 2:58 pm
Jerzy Langer, current member of the EIC Advisory Board and ex-chair of the FET Advisory Group, tells us in a video presentation and an interview how FET transitioned into the EIC.